Thursday, June 12, 2008

Your Social Life, Europe Edition



If, unlike me, you are not stuck with family obligations in your native backwater of a hometown, you probably wonder what to do this weekend?
Well, jump in the first plane and head over to nüans in Düsseldorf to see the Documental show about video in Los Angeles. It opens tomorrow with a performance by FBC! gal pal and favorite LA Art Girl Nancy Popp. Unfortunately their website isn't updated and the press release is on a pdf doc I cannot copy. But the address is on the link, it starts at 7PM tomorrow evening. Go say hi to Nancy for me, if Doris Krystof from K21 is there ditto, and drink a couple glasses of sekt for me. Thanks!
If you're in Paris this weekend, say hi to Matthieu Laurette, an old pal of FBC! too, when you head over to Le Plateau for the opening of l'Argent, a group show about what else? Money, and maybe it also references the Zola book and the Bresson or L'Herbier movies. French people hate to speak about money, it is plain rude, so I'd be curious to see the show if I can. FBC! will be at the total opposite of Paris for only a few days next week, so not sure I'll be able to make it. I'll try, as well as the show at Le Palais de Tokyo, and of course, Legende at the Domaine de Chamarande.

Pix: courtesy Nancy Popp. Nancy, if you ever climb Chris Burden's street lights at LACMA, be careful not to damage the paint, OK? Good luck for tomorrow's performance!

No comments: