Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Your Social Life At Home


Hello my huge readership,

I'm sorry I've been a bit absent lately, but being without a car in LA is damn complicated (grocery shopping can take up to 3 hours and 4 bus rides, instead of a 10 minutes drive). I'm shopping for a new used one at present, so not much time to write. I promise I'll post about my NYC museums and gallery trip as soon as I have a bit of time, as it will be a very long post.

Meanwhile, for you fortunate LA people who have cars, I'd like to announce the upcoming show curated by Aram Moshayedi of LAXart fame at Glendale College Gallery, The Silence Of Infinite Space. It's certainly well worth braving the Friday night traffic, and I hope to find a ride if I haven't bought and DMVed a car by Friday. If I cannot make it, please say hi to Aram for me, and to Roger Dickes and his delightful wife Robin.

I've also received the following in my mailbox:
PERFORMANCE:
FIRE WALK WITH MOI

SATURDAY 22 MARCH 2008
10:34PM
HYPERION TAVERN

1941 HYPERION TAVERN
LOS ANGELES CA 90027

By one Natascha Snellman whom I do not know and whose IMDB says she's been "a vegetarian since age 13", she played in Elephant by Gus Van Sandt, and is from Portland, Oregon, a city where I may move at the end of the year. I'm no sure I'll be able to swing by, but I really like the title of her performance. If you go and want to send me a short report complete with photos, feel free, even if you're Natascha Snellman BFF (but in that case be honest and tell us, thanks!)

Meanwhile, you can go see the current show at LAXart, Kara Walker at the Hammer. I'd reserve LACMA until April 2nd and the opening of the Rita Gonzalez-curated (with Howard Fox) Phantom Sightings.

No comments: